В самом сердце города Дубай, обрамленном королевскими песками и ослепительно синим небом, находится район Deira. Это место, где история совпадает с современностью, где традиционные базы соседствуют с ультрасовременными торговыми центрами, где в воздухе пропитаны ароматы восточных специй и благовоний.
- Deira is a historic district of Dubai that embodies the spirit of the true East. This is a place where you can see how people lived and worked in Dubai centuries ago, and how this history is reflected in the modern life of the city.
- The famous gold market and spice market are symbols of Dubai's wealth and splendor. In this place you can find unique specimens of gold and other precious metals, as well as a huge variety of spices and aromas.
- Dubai Creek - Crown of the Deira, a historic canal that served as an important trade route. This is a place where you can see how the traditional ancient courts, called "dou", are still used to transport goods.
- A variety of ethnic restaurants where you can try oriental cuisine. From traditional Arabic cuisine to East Asian, Indian and other global culinary traditions.
- Convenient location and accessibility of the Deira area. With a well-developed transport infrastructure, Deira is easily accessible to both locals and tourists alike.
- Compare Deira with other areas of Dubai, such as Palm Jumeirah, Downtown Dubai, Jumeirah. В каждом из этих окрестностей есть свои уникальные особенности и привлекательные места, но Deira обладает своим шармом и атмосферой.
History and development
Deira is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Dubai, dating back to before the emirate started trading and commerce. Located on the eastern bank of the Dubai River, Deira has traditionally served as the commercial hub of Dubai.
In the early 20th century, Deira was a small port town where pearls and fish were traded. Since the 1930s, when the air line between Dubai and Karachi was opened, Deira has become an important shopping center.
In the 1960s, after the discovery of oil fields in the emirate, Deira became the center of rapid economic growth and development. New roads, buildings and infrastructure were built.
Today, Deira is a modern neighborhood with tall buildings, shopping centers and hotels. However, it also retains its historical atmosphere, especially in the old market area, where you can find traditional Arab goods, spices, gold and textiles.
Deira continues to play an important role in Dubai's economy and culture. The area is home to many businesses and merchants, and offers many tourist attractions, including the famous Gold Market and Spice Market.
We invite you to take a successful trip to Deira-an area where life is steeped in history and culture, where every step opens up new horizons and prospects. Experience the atmosphere of the real Dubai, its traditions and modern life.
Deira расположен на восточной стороне реки Дубай, противоположной историческому району Бур Дубай. Этот район служит важным коммерческим центром и портовым узлом в Дубае.
Deira borders the Persian Gulf to the north and Al-Mamzar district to the east. It borders the Al-Ras district to the south and west.
Major roads passing through Deira include Al Maktoum Road, Baniyas Road, Al Ittihad Road and Al Rasheed Road. Dubai Airport, one of the busiest airports in the world, is also located in the Deira area.
Deira is a strategically important area of Dubai, as it serves as an important transportation hub connecting different parts of the city. The area is also well served by public transport, including the metro, buses and water taxis (abra).
- Al-Amin private school: 17th Street, Deira, Dubai.
- Al Ittihad Private School: Al Nahda Road, Al Mamzar, Deira, Dubai.
- Dubai Women's College (Higher Colleges of Technology): Al Nahda, Deira, Dubai.
- British Kindergarten Orchard Nursery: Villa #6, Street 51, Behind ADCB Metro Station, Deira, Dubai.
- Canadian Specialty Hospital : Abu Hail Road, Deira.
- Prime Hospital : No. 203, School Building of Saud, opposite the Al Reef shopping center.
- Dubai Hospital : On the bay at Al-Khalij Street and Abu Bakr Al Siddiqui.
- Fitness First Deira City Centre : Deira City Centre, Level 2, Store 2.02, Deira, Дубай.
- Power Gym : Naif Road, Deira, Dubai.
- Al Wasl Sports Club : Oud Metha Road, Deira, Dubai.
- Shopping centers
- Deira City Centre : 8th Street, Port Saeed, Deira, Дубай.
- Al Ghurair Centre : Al Rigga Road, Deira, Dubai.
- Reef Mall : Salah Al Din Street, Deira, Dubai.
- Fish Hut : Omar Bin Al Khattab Road, Deira, Dubai.
- Automatic Restaurant & Grill : Al Rigga Road, Deira, Dubai.
Кроме того, район Business Bay предлагает возможность перемещения на водном такси. Благодаря быстроте Дубайского канала, можно и с комфортом добраться до различных достопримечательностей города, наслаждаясь видами Дубая с воды.
Overall, Business Bay is ideal for those who value comfort and quick access to the city's business center, but don't want to sacrifice the peace and scenery.
Deira Gold Souk
This famous market is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Dubai. Here you can find a huge amount of jewelry made of gold, silver and other precious metals. The gold market is known for its low prices and high quality products.
Spice Souk Market
This traditional market offers a huge selection of spices, herbs, tea and other products. Here you can see and taste exotic oriental spices, as well as buy souvenirs and gifts.
This famous landmark was built in 1965 and is one of the symbols of Dubai. Clocktower is located on the Deira roundabout and serves as an important transportation hub.
Dubai Creek Canal and Transportation
Dubai Creek - a historic canal that served as a major trade route in the past. Today, it is one of the main attractions of Deira and all of Dubai. Traveling in traditional abra clothing along the canal allows you to see the city from a new perspective, appreciate its beauty and scale.
Abra Boat — this is the last form of water transport in Dubai. These are small wooden boats that can accommodate 20 people. Traveling on Abra is an opportunity to see the city from a new perspective, to appreciate its beauty and uniqueness. Feel the wind blowing your hair as you sail down the canal, enjoying the old and new Oak Trees.
The canal is also an important part of Dubai's nightlife. In the evening, restaurants and cafes are located along the canal, where you can enjoy delicious food and drinks while enjoying the views of the night city and the beautifully lit canal.Culinary Discoveries
Deira is a gourmet paradise. There are many options here ethnic restaurants , where you can taste dishes of different peoples of the world. A special place contains restaurants serving oriental cuisine.
- Aish laham – this is a traditional Arabic dish that is present in many Deira restaurants. This is a dish of meat and rice, prepared with the addition of spices and seasonings. Prepared with love and skill, it reflects the atmosphere of Oriental cuisine.
- Yakitate — this is a Japanese bakery and cafe where you can try to discover Japanese sweets and pastries. From fresh sushi and rolls to traditional Japanese desserts and sweets, Yakitate offers a wide variety of flavors for Japanese food lovers.
- Al Ghurair Center — this is one of the largest shopping centers in Deira, where there are also many restaurants and cafes. Here you can find a variety of cuisines from vsegodavailability and transport hubs
Deira has a convenient location and good transport accessibility. The main transport routes of Dubai pass through the territory, as well as several large infrastructure facilities are located here.
- Union Station — one of the main research sites in Dubai, where you can get to any part of the city. Both city buses and intercity buses stop here.
- Al Ras Station and Al-Rigga Station — these are two major metro stations that serve the Deira station area. With their help, you can quickly and conveniently get to any point in the city.
Comparison with other Districts
Deira is undoubtedly distinguished by its unique color and atmosphere. But Dubai is a city of contrasts, and each district is unique in its own way.
- Palm Jumeirah — this is an area known for its luxury villas, five-star hotels and unique architecture. This is a place where you can feel like a part of the world of celebrities and millionaires. The distinctive shape of Palm Jumeirah is its unusual shape — an artificial island in the shape of palm trees, visible even from space.
- Downtown Dubai — this is the business center of the city, where many offices of large companies are located, as well as the famous Burj Khalifa skyscraper and the Dubai Mall. Here, the city's business life pulsates, and in the evenings, the lights of countless restaurants and clubs are lit up.
- Jumeirah — this is an area known for its chic beaches, luxury hotels and restaurants. It is a place where you can enjoy the sun, the sea and a carefree life. In addition, the famous Wild Wadi water Park is located here, which is one of the best water parks in the world.
Despite its uniqueness and peculiarities, each of the districts combines tradition and modernity, history and innovation — just like Deira. After visiting all these areas, you will see all the borders of this successful city. Each of these neighborhoods is unique in its own way and deserves special attention. But if you want to feel the real oriental flavor, feel the spirit of history and traditions, then Deira is what you need.
Deira is a historic area of Dubai that embodies the spirit of the true East. This is a place where every corner is saturated with history and culture, where every step opens up new horizons and prospects. Here you can see the real Dubai, which combines tradition and modernity, history and innovation, East and West.
Visit Deiru to learn more about Dubai's cultural and commercial heritage, history and traditions. Here you will find many interesting places and activities that will make your trip unforgettable.
If you would like to learn more about Deire or plan your trip, please contact us. We are happy to help you and answer all your questions.
Deira is a historic district that combines tradition and modernity, known for its gold and spice markets, as well as the Dubai Creek Canal.
In Deira, you can visit historical markets, museums and art galleries, as well as the Sheikh Mohammed Center for Cultural Understanding.
Deira is famous for its variety of ethnic restaurants serving Oriental cuisine, from traditional Arabic to Indian and East Asian.
The Deira area is well connected to the rest of Dubai thanks to its well-developed transport infrastructure, including the metro and water taxis.
Deira stands out for its historical character and cultural heritage, unlike more modern areas such as Palm Jumeirah and Downtown Dubai.
Yes, Deira has a wide variety of properties, from traditional apartment buildings to modern apartments available for purchase and rent.
Tourists can enjoy guided tours of the Dubai Creek Canal, local markets and historical sites, as well as a variety of culinary and cultural activities.